Monday, December 28, 2009

Goodbye for now.

EPIC.






I had my going away party tonight...it was quite awesome. Three and a half hours surrounded by the people I love, just being me and enjoying their company. They bought me plane letters and presents. They are all so special to me. I will treasure each and every one of them, but more importantly, each and every one of you. Most of them, I won't see until next year. I hope they are still full of the same love and awesomeness that they are now. I hope that they will accept me when I come back, changed as I may be. I hope that they are still willing to love the somewhat odd me. I hope that God blesses them so so much.

It's starting to hit. This is it. Three days. So many things I won't be here for...like finishing the mountain of food we have left over from Christmas and my party. For the air conditioner being fixed. For my sister's twenty-first birthday. For Australia Day. I love summer, when I feel totally Aussie in my bathers and thongs. I love coming home from the beach covered in sand and sunburned, even though I put on a heap of sunscreen. I love the sarcasm. I love the humour. I love the friendliness and openess of peole. I love Australia. I hope that when I come back, I have that same love for France. I also hope to be able to represent my country well, and show people what an amazing place this is.

I'll miss you all.
I love you all.

Jeremiah 29:11...look it up. This is why I know that I'm going to be okay. Isn't God just AWESOME? =)

1 comment:

laura. said...

I'm so hanging out to see how your first 2 weeks have been!! Let us know!

P.s. Jer. 29:11 is a great verse :) x x