Saturday, September 4, 2010

La Rentree

Apparently I have two people reading this... Sweet... Oh well. I shall keep on writing for you two =)

Sorry if my English is a bit crappy at the moment, I'm definately in French mode at the moment. But I'll try!

All of the exchange students have arrived. It's great to see their excitement, their smiles and happiness as they realise that their lives here are only just beginning. I keep on telling them, make the most of your time here and value every second, because before you know it, your time will be up.

I only have three months left here. Time passes quickly and I don't know how I'm going to handle it the day that I return to Australia. I'm good here. I'm not stressed, I have an amazing family, wonderful friends... life is good. I've grown a lot. No longer am I the shy baby that wouldn't speak her mind and lived to make everyone else happy that I was when I left Australia. I live differently. I'll tell you what I think, what I like, what I hate, I'll speak to everyone and everyone, make my own decisions... and most importantly, I don't live for other people anymore. I live for myself. Does this sound selfish? Perhaps. Maybe it is. But I need to be good in myself first, and then if it brings me pleasure, I can make other people happy. So I made the concious choice- my life is mine, and it's me that chooses what I want to do with it. And that is why I think that upon going back, people will not be impressed by me. But do I care? No.

La rentree de classe was yesterday- in other words the return of the school year. I'm in Terminale, or in other words, senior year, and my timetable is really quite insane...
  • Eight hours of philosophy
  • Four hours of history-geography
  • Two hours of English literature
  • Two hours of exams (per week)
  • Four hours of French literature
  • Three hours of Spanish
  • Four hours of English
  • Two hours of sport
  • German classes when ever I can fit them in (which needs to be discussed with the teacher)

What exchange has taught me is to NEVER complain about the work in Australia... My mindset is now, think Aussie work is hard? Try doing senior year in another language, where you are at school for at least ten hours a day. Now that's hard. By senior year in Australia was a breeze compared to this.

It was great to see all my friends again, and surprising to see who out of them I was excited to see the most. I think I have got the most amazing school ever and really will be sad to say goodbye. But for now I'm just going to value the time I have with them.

Biz.

3 comments:

hannah scott said...

helloo (:
i love your blog, i found it ages ago and its my favourite exchange blog.
i'm australian too and going on exchange to france next year but im 15.

xx

Kirsty said...

Yay! Thanks =) If you have any questions or anything, feel free to ask, I'd be glad to answer =) xox

Maddy said...

Don't worry! I enjoy reading your blog. :)