Monday, November 1, 2010

So little time, so much to do.

This is it.
I'm almost done.
Less than a month left.

I don't know how I feel about this- half happy, half sad. It's going to be incredibly difficult leaving here, that's for sure. But I'm going to be glad to see my sunburnt country...

www.poemhunter.com/poem/my-country

^^This manages to explain everything that I love about Australia in one poem.

I spent the past week (the last holidays) venturing out quite a lot. Friday and Saturday nights were spent chez Michele as Sat we partied the night away for my departure, Mimi, Kiki and Henri's birthdays. It was pretty freaking awesome. Monday to Thursday were spent in Brive at Bryani's house (another Aussie) with the immortal gang of Aussies- Gemma, Georgia, Bree and myself. I love these girls more than I can possibly describe and was actually extremely upset to leave them. We spent an awesome couple of days together- some of the best this year. I then went down to my IC's house- Evelyne- who is my exchange contact basically. There's no tv or internet at her house but it was lovely to get away for a while and spend time with her. The past few days were spent horse riding at a course. I love riding, but there are certain people that I just cannot stand due to their obsession with what level you have- it annoys the hell out of me that they don't seem to understand that the point of riding is not how good you are. I love to go out riding on a trail ride and that's it for me- that's what really makes me happy. But each to his own, I guess.

Peace out.

No comments: