Friday, February 19, 2010

Holidays


So.

I officially survived my first term of school here.


Haven't done a whole lot of things so far- it was snowing to start off with and I don't like asking too much if host mum can drive me places because she has already done so much.


-Monday we went to horse riding to see if we could enrol me and Sandy. They look really awesome and a lot cheaper than Australia. Plus, I can go there whenever I like to help look after the horses etc which is really exciting =) Yeah I'm such a nerd but whatever. Also it's only about three minutes from the house yay.

-Tuesday we went to Toulouse, me, host mum and host sister. We were meant to take the train but ended up on a bus due to work on the lines...or something...fell asleep on the bus. Sandy fell on her face because she wouldn't sit down, so when the bus stopped suddenly she fell face first down the aisle (we were sitting in the back seat and she was in the middle). Ate Quick, walked around a bit and got an epic name train from host mum. Swallowed something solid in my hot chocolate...ew. Found Cloudstreet in French. Was quite the epic day.

-Wednesday we went to the library and back to riding. Bought a helmet because it was the same price as sending one over and I don't like nits. Oh and got some chaps as well =)

-Thursday with the epic TRILBY. She came to my house at 9am, took the bus to Toulouse, ate Quick (again) and walked around. She bought a cow memo, foot scrubber and snuggie. I got mostly things for my hair because the heaters are drying my hair out, sad face, and I seriously need to save it. Came home by train (after asking the ticket person in French for tickets and having her understand me!), got rid of our monobrows by some lovely wax, watched Finding Nemo in French (and understood it!) and fell asleep.

-Friday (today) we woke up late and bummed around. Made some fairy bread and then the epic Trilby went home...So I Skyped for a while with Erin (boyfriend's sister) and Sammy (my sister).


All in all an epic time.


Sandy's birthday is next week, she'll be five. And soon I will have been here for two months. One more month until in general, culture shock hits...joy...I'm planning on keeping positive though and hoping that it doesn't hit too hard. So pray for me please! I can't believe I've been here for so long already...soon I'll be eighteen years old and that is scary. And then I'll be going home and starting uni.


I feel so much more mature already and I am amazed at the changes that have happened so far. I can't believe what God has done so far and can't wait to see what else happens to me throughout the rest of the year. I pray that I'm a lot more mature and patient but also that I still am happy and can keep my childish, funloving side.


Exchange is great =)

No comments: