Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Photos...

Church outside my home

Knee deep

It was cold, in case you can't tell.

How cute.

Pamiers

Because I'm cool like that

Me: What a pretty building.
Host mum: It's a jail.
Le Capitole aka Toulouse.
Random things I've learnt so far:
  • Being sick really does show who your friends are.
  • If you're an exchanger, the best thing that you can do is hang with people from your host country. Other exchangers are great, but there's also the issue of that you shouldn't go out of your way to find people that speak your language...and only talk to them. Even if they aren't really your good friends, talk to French people. In French. It's the only way that you're going to make any progress in your language at all. Sorry. End of rant.
  • Climate change makes you sick.
  • Some teachers just really don't care.
  • Some teachers like wearing brightly coloured children's scarves.
  • Some teachers don't do enough buttons on their shirt up = hairy chest = ew.
  • Four year olds cry. A lot.
  • Snow is cold.
  • Snow is wet.
  • Bronchitis should go die in a hole.
  • It's quite easy to forget your first language.
  • It's also quite easy to begin speaking your language brokenly with an accent so people understand you better.
  • Crepes au nutella rule the world.
  • I have the best host family ever.

Yes, I am still sick. And I am still bored. My sister is still at home as well. And she is still crying at every second moment. My medicine still tastes like crap. And I am still searching for entertainment.


No comments: