Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Homesickness Sucks


So...

I'm posting because it's a Wednesday which means NO SCHOOL in the afternoon =)


Homesickness sucks.
It's a part of exchange that no one will ever be able to escape and we were warned about it and all.
But seriously. I thought that our first three months were meant to be really good and exciting and such, but no. Me, I'm homesick.
Well, not all the time.
There was the one time where I spoke to Rand (the boyfriend who rocks my socks, hi!) over Skype, then had to go down to dinner, where my host mum promptly asked, what's wrong? My reply was to burst into tears.
But I think that so much good comes out of the bad. My family let me go up to my room and have a cry, then took me out to see Toulouse by night. We left at 9pm, and got back around 12, even though the next day we had to leave at 8.30 for ski. Best host family ever? Yes, I think so.
Then last Friday I got so homesick that I started crying at school, not that I let anyone see. But my friends made it all the much better, without even knowing it.
And today I've been feeling...I don't know. I hardly spoke at school today because I just really wanted to go home and cry and sleep and then my Spanish teacher was like, "Are you sleeping?" in front of the whole class, and I couldn't exactly be like, "No, I'm not sleeping, I'm just this little thing called homesick." But I came home and felt so much better... even when school is bad, coming home makes me feel so much better. I did Sandy's hair and makeup for a party she went to (wearing a gorgeous princess dress, by the way), I got my massive box of stuff from home (YAY!) and I spoke to Rand and Sam (the totally cool sis that rules my world).

So homesickness doesn't last- it's there for a while and then it goes. It doesn't make it any less easier, but it's something to remember.

On that note, a shoutout to the most awesome TRILBY, who lets me message her whenever I feel like crap and always makes me feel better. ^^There's a picture of us there, which isn't fantastic, but keep in mind that we had been travelling for forty hours or something like that before taking it. We were on the plane to Toulouse =)
Bisous.

No comments: